Wednesday 25 March 2009

Willpower

Yesterday my heart said go, whilst my body said no. It was cold, breezy and bright and I knew the Rider was awaiting an ascent, yet when I looked down at my fingertips they glistened in the sun - they were wet to the touch. I was convinced that inspite of this I could do the problem as I figured it would be so cold up there my chalk would stay on. Ultimately, sense prevailed and I didn't go. I decided the better option was to leave it for better skin conditions, but it felt hard work not going out when the weather was nice. Compounded by the fact that today is filthy in weather terms. I am going to have a look at the Hulk this afternoon.

2 comments:

Paul Bennett said...

Antihydral?

I bought a tube for Font but didn't dare use it. On this little 4 day trip I trashed my skin within the first hour like an amateur. Saturday night I applied AH to my glistening badly chunked skin. Sunday morning the base of all the holes were hard to the touch. Miracle, Bennett Batter was no more!

Jasper said...

Weather's fucking glorious North Sheffield way Dob. I'd be heading to Crag X myself but instead I am going to the physio tomorrow. :-(

Antihydral is good in small doses.