Monday 11 May 2009

Boot Band

Having always had my heart set on Staminaband, I've never really paid much attention to Blue band, but after a discussion with Rae started having a look this saturday. Blueband is powerband backwards missing out some of the holds. Suprisingly involving for a slimy elimanate traverse. Plus, it doesnt aggravate codfinger so can recieve unrestricted attention.

The mornings glory belongs to Rae Cowie who redpointed Boot Boys. Blummin good effort. She made it look really easy, total control throughout. The only time when it looked anything other than certain was when she was taking her time shaking her arms out on the headwall - obviously she was v.pumped and trying to get something back. The route looks mega though. I expect she made it look rather easier than it was.

So, another saturday morning club passes, and I get two new things to add to my projects bank. At the top of the list is Trigger Cut, and this wednesday theres a team making the long drive back to the Orme to get it done. Its less than certain, as the drop into the undercut is fucking hard, but one shall remain positive and lets see what happens...

I can confirm one thing ; if I get it, I am definately having a fish for tea.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dont forget to have peas!

Richie Crouch said...

You should be crushing TC dobbin!

Hitting the undercut is all in the hips, dropping that knee but not too deep is the key with the left hand kinda cocked to the left a bit to drag the fingers on the good bit before switching into the right drop knee.

I find the move to the shothole so much harder as it's more reliant on locking and power than drop knee faggotry! :P

I'm sure it'll get done in no time :)

Jasper said...

Boot Boys is nails.