Saturday 30 May 2009

Evening sessions

So that's the last day out of the way. The evening came and it was obviously much better conditions. We started by the upper bridge and did a bunch of fun easy stuff. We all did kameltrophy. After which we walked to hohenrausch, collecting the others on the way.

A big team meant big matting. We did our best to arrange ourselves so as to minimise the danger and then a throng of euros assembled to witness these crazy brits throwing themselves at this amazing highball. Ed robinson flashes it, ed brown and joe le sage close their accounts, and it also bows to the might of the cofefield and the fulwood.

Before we move on from the scene at hohenrausch, let me speak about the audacity of my good friend joe. We have all been snatching for this poor top crimp, and then popping to the jug at the top. Not joe/jerry. Oh no. This guy nails the crimp and in front of a massive crowd waves not once, but three times before finally taking the top jug. Amazing and waddage points for schooling the tickmarking euros on their home turf.

I retry the link into the 7a on the left and get oh so close, but run out of glycogen and stop.

James ed and I go to look at the bruno whilst the rest go to pura log. I'm knackered and go home. Noone does anything else. Now back at the bunkhouse about to start the final sleep before home time. I'm looking forward to going home to be honest. I am exhausted, and the whole wierd anxiety episode has all but gone but is still in the wings. I need to get home to reset myself I think.

Its been a good trip, I mean of course it has, but I wish it had been someone elses stag do and that I had been able to really enjoy it as much as everyone else has. And I wouldn't stay in this chuffin bunkhouse again. I'm going to compose a letter explaining that i/we believe that he has unrealistic expectations about how the place should be run. I mean, its fine to ask people to tidy up after themselves, but you have to lay down the ground rules first. Its no good kicking off that things aren't as you want them when you don't explain what it is you want in the first place. I have a theory about why its all as it is. Hopefully I will remember to explain when we get back.

Anyway. That's it for tonight. We'll be doing a bit in the morning but to be honest evrything aches and the skin is terrible.

4 comments:

Paul Bennett said...

Look forward to the pics and explanation Dob egg. My god I've got a quandary for you lot when you return.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Richie Crouch said...

We had some problems with what I think is the same Bunkhouse in 07 - the big sanitised grey one that looks like a prison block?

They wouldn't let us invite Lore in for dinner and complained a lot about how tidy/untidy it was if you left so much as a drop of water on the kitchen tops!

On a positive note it sounds like everyone got something done which makes for a good team trip! :)

Slap Holds! said...

Good trip!

BTW I crushed at the Pura Vida block when you were looking after your wounds

Doylo said...

glad to see the snow melted, was like Narnia when i went in december