Tuesday 11 December 2007

The Blogosphere

I love the term 'blogosphere'. Its straight out of the sunday papers. When I used to be the UK news editor for 8a.nu I used to delight in writing tabloid headlines for climbing news pieces. I would like to have fabricated interviews with the climbers... Perhaps I will do - I have never been demoted, so technically I am still able to edit. Anyway, the blogosphere... Since James has been off work with his fucked paw he has been trawling the blog and texting me highlights, so far the plums seem to come from Scotland. From a manic depressive who has falsely inflated impressions of his abilities, and more amusingly from someone who saw Sharma climbing in total silence... until Josh Lowell turned up, and then the shouting started. If ever I meet Chris and we go climbing and he starts with the yelping, I shall pull from my bag a rounders bat. When I lower him back to the ground I shall sharply smack him in the teeth with it. I hope this is true (that he doesn't yelp when not being filmed), if it is it is genius. Those young punks in the british team have been made (motivation unclear) to create a website, some of which you will find linked here. The latest of these is young cheekbones himself - Masonic Dave. Bless them all. I saw him and Paul at the board on Monday where I had taken Garry and Dylan - who are coming to swiss with me and Ed Brown (crazy solo trad king) in Jan. Hopefully we are on the cusp of booking flughafen.

This time I am going to be focussed. I am going to have clear goals (didnt I last time?) and I am going to get them done. Hopefully I can go this year with hard skin. That was what was wrong last time.

Anyway, Joe and Vik were back. Lovely to see them both. They have the holiday blues. I get this after a chuffing bank holiday, so I cannot begin to imagine how this feels after 3 months off. Rubbish. Joe hasnt lost any of his school psyche but sadly I didnt notice vik go for a single wee during the time they were there. A sorry state of affairs.

Right. Got to go. Me and the monster are going out for a walk. Its minus 25 so I need to get my long johns on. Oh, and I have booked flights to canada to continue my role as the founding member of the Tim Clifford fan club.

No comments: