Tuesday 18 December 2007

Nibile's guru

Took Dylan and Garry to the board again last night. The few extra degrees of warmth made all the difference. It seems to be colder inside the school than it is outside. If the temperature in the car registers <2.5degrees, and there will be less than 4 people actually climbing - don't go. Nothing hard was climbed, but I ticked my standard problems and felt worthy of trying Amoeba Assasin again (haven't bothered since the lurgy, as haven't been up to it, and I find it very hard). As I drove home I pondered why I had felt so close to doing it before. Didn't reach an answer, but perhaps I was a bit lighter or something. There's a very hard (well, I think so) release which I only just did (with difficulty) last night, and I was doing more comfortably pre lurgy. I also considered that on a monday its just been the weekend, and I am likely a bit heavier (booze, bigger meals etc).
 
Ages ago Nibs sent me a message in which he offered to introduce me to his training guru. Coming up to christmas I would hope to be winding down at work, but its been mental, so instead of replying I haven't gotten round to it. There's also an issue here. I have (recurring theme alert) very limited time available for climbing - in quite specific slots, so I felt I should do justice to my schedule in any reply I made, and that required consideration which I hadn't got the time to give. But, thinking about this last night, I have loads of ideas and thoughts on training which could do with some structure, add to that the various wisdom from Dylan, Ned, Variable and others and you have a heady brew of torture schemes on rotation in my head. Basically, I could do with some order, and perhaps if I can articulate the restrictions on my time, perhaps the guru could help!
 
Zippy once said to me "how strict are you with your training?" to which I replied that I 'trained' at the board and climbed and stuff, and he told me that wasn't training. He meant campussing, hanging, weights etc. And I dont do any of that. Climbing is just too much fun! I have absolutely no will power either. If there is someone trying something and I either think it looks good, or that I could do it and showboat, then I am there. Its like quick wins of being able to show off over long term gains of becoming an uber wad and crushing 8b. Or is it? which is better?
 

2 comments:

lore said...

zippy got a good call.
i spent my first three weeks in the new, massive gym here, without almost putting my shoes on.
it was hard.

Paul Bennett said...

how come your links and things aren't at the side and are crushed down at the bottom?