Saturday 22 December 2007

wastage

It's been a slow week in the land of the blog of dob. That's because the blog of dob is about climbing, and I've just been drunk. I did climb on Wednesday at Leeds wall. Turns out Ben Meeks is going to be in Cresciano at the same time we are - the more the merrier from my point of view. Lee texted, annoyed that he hadn't been pestered to come - I didn't even think he was interested. Wednesday night was a work night out. Went to Tam Po Po in Leeds - lovely. Rich Heap had been on in the day to ask me to the pub to celebrate the launch of HXS, but as per the previous, I couldn't make it. Sent him a message on the way home, but glad I didn't meet them, as I was already drunk and more wouldn't have been wise - I am a drinking lightweight.

Felt rubbish all day on thursday, ate at Catch in the evening with the monster - only a glass of wine that night, so relatively tame. Friday - last day of work, didn't have to go in to office, just a morning at home. Guests arrived in the afternoon, all out in the Ball in evening, but, already buoyed by mulled wine I was soon drunk and ready to go home (it was closing time too), got bought another drink, and should have left it, but didn't. That was the straw that broke the camels back. Woke up today feeling like death. Felt like death until managing to eat at 1130. Went for a walk in the icy rain with the monster. Was quite invigorating. Now watching rubbish christmas telly and eating.

Bleugh. Back on it tomorrow (I hope).

No comments: