Thursday 14 February 2008

Build up to buoux

The amazing weather was replaced by fog today. It had to happen. Dont know whats in store for the weekend, with any luck it will be ok and I can work through some more of Roy's grit list. Talking of which, Busby went back and did Dick Williams yesterday, presumably alone which is worth more than half a grade extra in my eyes.

James and I did routes at the foundry last night. This is the start of buoux training. It felt good, but I suprised myself by being unscared. I even felt like I was climbing above the bolts, not backing off being a homo. Its two years since I got dropped though, so perhaps the memory is finally fading. Even took a lob. The routes climb well, and I will be using my two month freebie pass to good effect and doing as many as I can. Pockets are apparently order of the day at Buoux. Sharp manufactured ones. Hmm.

On a course today. Half read a mail from Dr Pinch (ed robinson) that he has hurt his back surfing. And that he cannot read this blog any more. Get well soon ed. Not that you can see this. Chill tomorrow, climb saturday morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Back is loads better now and I can now view this at work again....Hurrah!

Unfortunately I cant sleep right now hence a post at 4am....Booo!

When are you off to Buoux? Isn't it supposed to be polished like the Tor? Watched the old "8c" vid the other day. It's a classic and the boys are full waddage.