Saturday 2 February 2008

So, I write at the end of not the greatest climbing day in the world ever, but it rescued itself and I ended up having fun. Last night we met with ed's friend dieter. Definately a cool guy but with quite a dour outlook especially considering he's a full timer - living a nomadic life in his van at all the worlds best bouldering spots. Smelly feet the like of which I have never previously encountered, fuck me - I gagged when he took his shoes off.

My skin is dreadful. weeping through all tips, two worn down to flesh, the rest not far behind. Terrible. Don't know what I would suggest in future to harden them up, not climbing on smooth wood for weeks before probably.

Weather has crapped out at the end of today, so I don't think we will be climbing tomorrow. Other things I forgot to mention - looking at backgammon and cave of wolf. Shame they finish in the middle of nowhere. Frederic bricol looks good. Dylan nearly doing la pioche before a pole in bad jeans (from the market - 10€) stopping play. Thoroughly terrible pointless attempts on franks, and ed doing la boulette. The intention is that I come back and say something else about these, but we'll see. I may well forget. Am beaten. Almost hoping it does rain tomorrow!

And finally - a word of sympathy for paul b. News has reached us in switzerland that poor paul has been victim of a car accident leaving him with yet more broken bones! Clearly, the only explanation for this incredible run of bad luck can be that in order to shortcut his way up voyager, he sold his soul to the devil. Get well soon mate. And stay indoors!

No comments: