Tuesday 19 February 2008

Sunday School closure

The boss lady has just moved into the office behind my desk, so my usual blogging spot is again under siege. This morning I'm on the train, so it doesn't matter. After saturday's siege of the plantation my skin was (and still is) bad, so I was happy not to climb on sunday, but it was another perfect day and I had to get my carcass outside as much as possible. We did some cleaning housey type jobs, I got called by work, and then we headed out to the hills for a walk. We were going to go down to monsal head, so i could see whether rubicon was as dry as I have heard (talking to that scottish Lynne girl yesterday, the tor is wet) but as I had been called, I kind of needed to stay within mobile phone signal incase they called again (they didnt, but had i gone down wcj dale I bet they would have done), so we parked the car at the yorkshire bridge and walked up win hill instead. It was a gorgeous day. However, chavs seem to favour win hill, as there were loads of henri lloyd garments and football shirts making a pilgrimage to the summit. They obviously cant read maps either, as they get to the top, turn around and walk back down the way they came up. Wierd. We did a big loop and came back in along the shores of the resevoir. Stopped in the pub for some food - pleasantly suprised. Both cheap and nice, and it came quickly! Finished the day watching Shaun of the dead which I'd taped over xmas. A brilliant weekend. Lovely.

Yesterday I called the Foundry to see if Neil was back and whether I could start my two month free pass. Neil was back but there is some confusion over one of the other level's prizes and I couldnt get in for free just yet. Well, once I get my free pass I will be using it as much as I can, so I certainly dont want to be paying in and getting sick of it on my own money, so I tried to go to the board. On sight at least there was no change, the sign is still on the door and our key was there, but when you try to use it to unlock the door it will not turn. Its like the council have deadlocked the door shut or something. I need to mail this out to the other school users, but I wouldnt be at all suprised to discover that this is the last time I will get to do basic jez. And, I never did turd reich! Will I ever feel the pinch? Rubbish. Hopefully, we will get a reprieve, but I wouldnt bank on it. So I pushed on to the works for a couple of hours. Always leave the works feeling that I havent done much/enough/anything, and certainly that i didnt climb well, but its so steep and so long and so different to outdoor climbing that I dont have the prerequisite wall strength to succeed. Busby turns up and we laugh like hyenas.

Plans for the weekend are brewing, but theres a big question over the weather. Apparently, it will all change by thursday. So, I had harboured desires of yorkshire, thinking about either earl or crookrise, but not if its raining.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

government fucking shit up again!