Tuesday 8 April 2008

8Blog

Just a brief post this morning. Need to update the links to the rest of the blogosphere at the side of this page. Doyle now has a blog, and he has started an amusing tradition of writing a sunday sermon, which was a hilarious rant about british drivers this week - have a read : http://doylosblog.blogspot.com.
 
Then there's Keith. Blimey Keif - since he stopped climbing at the board he has started crushing 8b's! I stopped climbing at the board and had the best winter of climbing I've ever experienced - perhaps there's something in this 'going climbing' thing... Keith's been in font for what feels like forever, and has just done a problem called Gourmandise. I've never heard of it, but understand it's 8b. Bloody hell! good bloody effort beast! He did ask ages ago that I didn't pass on the address of his blog, but since he has rehomed it, its now written better, and that I just bigged him up for doing 8b - plus everyone who reads this drivel knows anyway, its at http://www.unclesomebody.com/blog/. Bless him - his enthusiasm is infectious, the things he does make it entertaining, although he does still insist on writing mathematical nonsense. I can forgive - as its probably that I just don't understand!
 
Some time ago a friend of mine sold his soul to the devil (could this be Jerry Moffatt?) to climb Voyager. A year later he snapped his leg and ended up in one of those fixator things, then he got back to climbing and was involved in a hideous car accident resulting in a fractured sternum and broken hand. He has just been to see a doctor (have you got shares in bupa paul?) and been told he has a fractured vertebrae (broken back!). On the plus side, these things are supposed to come in threes - and, perhaps if there is any karmic justice at all, perhaps now you'll have such a charmed existence that it will all be worth it, but until I see evidence that your luck has changed, I might defer going to the pub quiz with you as I am concerned the building might fall down.
 
When I said this would be brief this morning, clearly I wasnt expecting to get on such a ramble. Anyway, someone has just been through to ask a work question, and on fobbing him off I said 'nice one beast'. Its got to stop - its deeply inappropriate! Its James Foley's fault in my case, and he blames Doyle.
 
Finally, now that crabstick Arthur Haggis is back in town, perhaps he will see his way to an earlier calling of the lime this year. Last year there were leaves on the trees and birds singing before he finally signalled the end of the grit season. Come on Arthur, we've got projects to get stuck into! If this year is a repeat of last year I might have to plot a coup. A democratic Lime calling committee?

No comments: