Friday 2 November 2007

British team secrets...

I think i need a dictaphone. I keep thinking of things to write about but by the time I get to do anything about them I have forgotten what it was I wanted to say. I'm reading Paul Pritchard's 'Totem Pole' at the moment - his story of rehabilitation following a serious head injury, he says that forgetting stuff like that is a sign of some sort of brain trauma! hopefully I am just stupid.
 
Anyway, ages ago the nice people at 5.10 sent me to London to be photographed by GQ magazine, and finally it has come out. Mainly, I am pleased as I'm sick of people asking when it is out, and of buying it - I am not a fan. Whatever, its got Daniel Craig on the front and I am on page 366. Its actually very funny. I have shrunk (5ft8), and have regressed (only 30) - but my favorite bit is 'my' top tips - dynamite. I will take a picture and blog it, but haven't had time - so if you are keen to see my modelling debut you will have to go and buy it!
 
Went to the works yesterday for a 'working' lunch. Was actually quite good for once and did do some work. The British Team were in getting a beasting from Gaz. They had exercise stations dotted around the campus board, had grouped into pairs who did 30 seconds each on each station. E.g. there was a pull up station. Ned would have to do as many pull ups as he could in 30 seconds, then Katy tried. Then they changed station, army PT style. Wonder where this has come from? well, they all looked exhausted at the end, so we shall wait and see whether they all turn into super wads. Three circuits with about 10 minutes between.
 
Its Friday and that means the weekend is looming. I am dead keen. Have all day saturday for climbing, and am currently on me lonesome. Thinking about an early start at Rubicon, then having a pootle along the roaches. Never been, would be nice.

9 comments:

Adam Long said...

he's never been, never been, oh lordy. You'll piss mushin, that should be temptation emough.

Slap Holds! said...

Training is copied from the French team

Paul Bennett said...

surely training 2 days on before comps is suicide? and will have absoloutely no benefit unless you do it more often than twice a year?

Slap Holds! said...

You would think, wouldn't you.

I thought todays activity more amusing:

building your own website

Paul Bennett said...

go on then enlighten me further?

dobbin said...

yes, they have today to spend building a personal website. This is great. i cant wait to see what they come up with.

Paul Bennett said...

why? why oh why oh why?
Who trains them, seriously? what's the point...

lucy lu said...

I think that it's aimed at the people who don't self promote enough. To be fair most of the team should be sponsored in some way. This helps raise the profile of the BMC and the competitions.

It would be a good start having people actually enter the comps. Most of the women only went to one WC. Shocking attendance me thinks.

Paul Bennett said...

Hmmm I won't get started on all of that again ("it's so last year", check a ranting thread of mine on UKB if you haven't a clue what i'm on about...)