Tuesday 27 November 2007

Foundry R2

I had totally forgotten that it was round 2 of the foundry comp until I recieved Alain's text. Checked with Ned (not that I didn't believe Alain, but people are occasionally wrong) and sure enough it was on. I was in two minds about going as I wanted to go back on the board. I reminded myself that the board would still be there tomorrow and I really should go to the comp. Caned it home, had a coffee and some food and headed down to the wall.
 
Mondays are a funny night to climb on. Although you should be all full of beans following the weekend rest its as if the shock of getting up to go to work makes you more tired than you should be. Anyway, I felt off the pace. I think I should have cut my fingernails. They weren't really long enough to warrant cutting them (or so I thought), but pulling on small holds made the ends of them hurt.
 
There were only three problems that required serious application, and two of those should have been steady. Ned and Tony Mussels were in attendance and despite sporting some form of lurgy, Ned was unflappable and ever strong whilst Tony just didn't fall off. A paltry 126 was my final score. Of the three I didn't flash I should really have done 2. I ought to have flashed the one on the board - but was trying to be Ned, and the other I could have done had I had about a million goes, but I knew I was capable, which is frustrating. The one problem I don't think I would have done wasn't the hardest one there - I just couldn't do it. It involved bridging into the bomb bay and a teetering match on a slippery sloper. Both unpleasant and terrifying - left it. Think Ned will have submitted at least 132? Tony did the one I couldn't do in a million years, but didn't do the one on the board which I did (in two goes), so I would have thought he will be 130-something too.
 

No comments: