Monday 12 November 2007

Necrotic Neuroses

Think I am trying to fight off some sort of hideous illness. I dont feel bad per se, but I dont feel a full shilling either. Weather over Sheffield was pretty clement all weekend, so it probably would have been rubbish in the peak anyway. This is where Jon would have gone out questing around grit edges and perhaps struck lucky and where I wouldnt have bothered and gone training. Trainer or a climber? Trainer when its raining!
 
Finished work at 1500 on friday and drove to manchester to collect the honey monster. Went to see Groove Armada at the Apollo. Queue at bar prohibitive and therefore fairly undrunk. However, before setting out had a blast on a jingo that our hosts produced and it nearly sent me over the edge! This happened in Ibiza when I had a jingo between coastline and cafe mambo, a bit like a whitey but without sickness - more of a panic attack or something. Horrible. Anyway, we got into the Apollo and I went all hot and claustrophobic, one of those situations when you cant say anything to anyone cos thats like admitting that there's something wrong and makes it worse in your head, so I took myself off to the doorway and fought the neuroses. Pretty convinced that this is all completely in my head. When I force my mind off it and think about something happy I can lift myself back from the edge - but as soon as I think about it again, I am back in! Whats happened to me? I used to be such a westie! Anyway, got it together and had a good night, even managed to be back on form before Groove Armada came on, so n'obbut a fleetin thing.
 
I had to go suit shopping on saturday. Feel a bit resentful about spending a lot of money on smart clothes. Am not a smart suit sort of person. Have three weddings in the next six months, but at £550 thats £183 a wear! assuming it gets no other outings. Actually, there is a man who climbs in a suit at the Leeds wall, perhaps its the future?
 
Sunday went to the board for an hour. Climbed like a donkey. Tonight board, Wednesday perhaps board, thursday works in day, friday nowt, saturday morning board, sunday depends - will have been out on saturday night, have to see what state am in...
 

No comments: