Tuesday 20 November 2007

Project initiation

Amoeba assassin is well hard. There's a move in the middle that involves pinching a screw on foothold with the left hand and making a hard stab up to a reasonable DR hold. Its a 1 in 3 or 4 move (i.e. success is as frequent as once in 3 goes), so I reminded myself how to do it, then I went back to the start. Thankfully, the start is steady, but taking the pinch and moving off it is different to setting it up perfectly and then moving off it, not massively - like on some problems, but enough that it adds something. I have also learnt to hold the swing off the DR hold and again, thankfully, its mercifully easy from there to the top. It remains a project.

Started seriously looking at Stuey 5 bellies last night (a problem Jerry does on the real thing), and for the first time did it from green pinch c12 to the top (I know this isnt the crux), but more interestingly, dont think I am that far from being able to take C12. Its going to be all about the left foot paste I think. That too remains a project.

Poor James Foley. He is going to be out for ages. He reckons between 6-8 weeks off work! has all manner of scans and stuff booked in, so his rehab could not be better assisted. I intend to pop round on Thursday. He has started a flickR stream, which has a massive 8 pictures on : http://www.flickr.com/photos/21056869@N06/. Better go, I need a poo.
 

2 comments:

Paul Bennett said...

i'm disgusted by your lack of real thing knowledge. Ben does stuey, jerry does feel the pinch, both far too easily I will add!
I dumped the new guides up there last night, the crimp on basic knitwear is crumbling, I taped over it the other night but forgot to check if that was still there...

Unknown said...

yeah 8 photos!
unfortunately i'm no a pro account so the good pics are over 5mb. anyway, i now have a hot pink non weightbearing cast, and a massive tv. roll on the gut.