Monday 2 June 2008

Twin tickets

According to Sharples (he man lion) the long range forecast is dire. Someone needs to have a word about this - if it proves to be true. I can only hope that it isn't.

Tor on saturday morning. Arrived to find a family of eastern europeans slept in an estate car under the RHS - this is very keen non? as a climbing westie with perhaps, girlfriend at a push - fine, but with two small (one baby) children in tow this is nigh on desperation! Says me! anyway, had taken my shunt and was wondering about going on Dialetics, thankfully, Stu and Jules Littlefair were there to warn me off - the holds are tres small and slopey, and it was anything but cool. I thought the RHS felt clammy, but Tom Pape crushed the powerband like he was on the green traverse. I gingerly climbed the weedkiller, but every hold felt terrifyingly damp and as though friction would break at any moment. Decided to try the alternative finish to Ben's Roof. Joe and Vics turn up - we talk shit. Vics busts out an impressive two halves of Ben's roof and I wouldnt be at all suprised to hear she gets that soon. Looking strong. Joe is reading the paper. Ste Mac is training. lapping Ben's roof into his and Ruperts training finish (it goes left up to the start of mecca), we agree its a bit clammy as he gets spat off in the middle of the roof. I too do some good links, and am delighted to find that the hard bit (out of the cave to the lip) feels steady away this year.

Get drunk in the Lescar on Saturday night and awake on Sunday in a state of desperation - I need alka seltzer! go to tescos but they've run out and I have to be sick in a bush (thankfully, its only 0830 so theres not too many people about). Manage to get back to sleep and wake up much later feeling considerably rejuvenated. The outlaws come over and we finish sunday in the cricket inn having dinner.

So, this week. Climbing today - probably at the works, but then it is a double ticket week! I have tickets on Wednesday (hoping to coerce Paul into yorkshire) and Thursday (feelers are out, but no confirmed plans yet)....

No comments: