Tuesday 18 September 2007

Blood diamond

Cold this morning. Autumn is here. Not sure whose role it is (or whether its even necessary), but the time may have come for Gritstone open season to be declared. Simon Moore and I once spent an entire winter visiting the Kudos wall at Rubicon however, certainly - if it stays dry I will keep going.

Return to Monday night heroes club at the board. Cubitt already there when we arrived - we being Lee, me and the good doctor. Zippy turned up to set some problems on the moon board which apparently Ben has been asked for by a South African banker. He's pretty strong this banker (climbs font 8a) so Zips was looking for some hard moves to test him. I got all excited and joined in with the setting for 10 minutes, and this poor banker guy has now got to deal with a Morton whirly gig leap for a crimp. I wanted to call it Blood Diamond but we figured he might seek us out and shoot us. TITS (This is the school... - tenuous reference to the film).

I'm climbing tonight (the monster is working late), and feel really that I should go out. Its a lovely day (so far) and the forecast is for rain tomorrow. Plus, this could be the last of the after work outdoor climbing nights. But, boom boom big guns is coming to sheffield and planning to be at a wall. And, I climbed last night. I shall leave work early and decide on the way back.

2 comments:

Slap Holds! said...

I met the banker in Rocklands. He climbs 8a dyno problems cause he's 6 foot something

7a+ in the peak ;)

The bloke is called Shaun if you want proof that there is NO degrees of seperation in climbing

dobbin said...

Blimey. He has got a shock in store. I suspect the one with the crimp-pop-whirly-gig-board kick move will be about 7c/7c+ and is massively board centric. The other one I left with Zips mid set will be sick hard (as americans say)