Friday 21 September 2007

Fuck all this Zen shit, I just wanna burn you off...

With a lot of excitement and anticipation I set off to Rubicon with the intention of closing another long standing account. On Tuesday I climbed from the start to the end three times. Failing either on the last move or worse, touching the finishing jug but not holding it. On Tuesday however, it was markedly cooler.

Kinda wierd conditions - ok to be out, and quite allright for bimbling - but not condusive to hard sendage. Have a massive hole in my tip now too. Gave up and went up the Dale to try the Hulk. Managed to dismount horizontally at high speed to my ass. This dented my confidence and further goes were thus thwarted. The Thing looks possible, but I need some foot beta. Very strange movement...

And now its raining. But, I need to let my skin recover, so its not all bad. Back to it next week. Got some new non-downturned shoes ready for the grit. Anticipation of climbing on brown rocks is growing too. Back to Brad Pitt I suppose, also WSS - on which I hope to attend a training seminar if the reclusive Adam long can be coaxed from the Plantation. Would love to do the Joker too, people keep saying that would be ok for me, which is like the kiss of death - 'Oooh, you'll piss up that youth' they say before watching me fail on the first move 1000 times. What I need is someone who I am desparate to impress (or burn off).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

feel your pain
what is this rain
i want to do more stuff at rubbercon.
also the grit is caalling.
earl
next
wednesday...

Paul Bennett said...

I believe there are two ways of doing the thing, depending on whether or not you want to get anything off the crap sloper...

Adam Long said...

hey there's only one place I go more than the plantation, and thats burbage west. Better for a half hour session see, and dry when everywhere else is wet. I'll give you the nod when it gets cold, currently packing five sequences for your perusal.

dobbin said...

Oh my god! the final barrier of excuses is removed! dammit.