Sunday 9 September 2007

We love sundays...

Last night was fine. I resent going to the same restaurant twice when I'm somewhere new to be honest, so it was with a bit of disappointment that I took the group to el faro in ibiza town. I have been at least twice before. But it is nice. Ibiza town has two tiers of restaurant - super bling expensive nice ones and paper napkin ones with photographs on the menus. Finding somewhere which suits all in a big group can be desparate, and I knew that they would have room and did staples for the less adventurous eaters, as well as fishy treats for those who want it. Disappointed by the food quaity to be honest. Was very expensive and although a nice setting, you are paying for that rather than quality food. I think my standards are higher than 5 years ago mind, so perhaps it was never that good.

Continued on to a bar in the harbour where we watched fireworks and drank more. Home about 0200. Alarms set for 8am. Drank plenty water.

All too soon it was time to get up. Felt really really bilious. Not a happy camper. Made cups of tea and headed out to get a taxi. The reason for such an unseasonally early start was the ticket requirement to be at space for 10am. Felt so dodgy all the way there. Nearly had to ask to be dropped off at the side of the road to be sick, but held it together. All the others seemed to be in a much better state. Don't know why I feel so bad, but I do (did). There's no queue and we get in the queue for security. Burly security man motions me to show hinm the contents of my bag, which contains beach essentials and evo magazine. He pulls this out and starts reading it! No further searching is conducted but we share an appreciation of the audi rs4 which in spite of the language barrier we agree is more understated and a better by than an m3. In the club its sparsely populated and there's only music indoors but its good music - deep proggy tech house played over a thrilling sound system. The timbre of the bass is stunning, deep throated and LOUD. I still feel sick. Make it to the toilets, where a power poo seems to lift my spirits. Head out and enjoy the music for another hour before getting a pass out and sacking it.

Eat a breakfast. Much better. Cully goes white at the mention of food and finds a bin to be sick in. Gaz takes a turn for the worse and makes a tactical retreat to the hotel. We push on to the beach where some intend on sleeping, but in the event - noone can. So, this is written from the beach, which is nice. The sun is out, there's a nice breeze, and I've been in the sea. Right, that's it for now. Gonna have a snooze then its disco party all night long... Ulp!

No comments: