Monday 24 September 2007

Methane poisoning

I was tired on Friday night. Tired, and gagging for a pint. Did some hoovering and persuaded the monster we needed to go to Tescos, which is convieniently situated next door to the pub. One became two and before long we were giggling in the curry shop opposite - all thoughts of cooking long gone. Had a nice curry that had the unfortunate side effect of making me pump noxious death pumps all through the next 48 hours.

Went to the board with James on saturday morning to grind off some skin. Discovered I shouldnt put too much store in what the car thermometer reckons. It said 13.5degrees so by rights, it should have been a good session (not that temps are the only determining factor in having a good session) but it wasnt. Hands went hot and soft soon after arriving, and the energy levels were ok, but not good - deceptive I would say. Anyway, much methane production from both, discovered Cocoon - the sound of the seventh season on my iPod which sounded great and that was that. Nothing else happened of note on Saturday.

On Sunday, my efforts to involve the honey monster in climbing continued, with the poor little monster getting dragged to burbage south despite complaining of a cold and flu like symptoms. It was quite warm and a bit damp, but just nice to be out for a climb walk. Should have gone to the pub in the evening, but our 0550 start really puts me off sunday night pub. Will make the effort next week.

1 comment:

bonjoy said...

Howdo!
Hows sheff? Weather not too poo I trust?