Tuesday 4 September 2007

Seasonal variation

Had a reasonable session at the board last night. Its a couple of degrees cooler which makes quite a difference. For the first morning in months, the car registered single figure temperatures on the way to work. Will soon be the time for the brown rocks again. Remember the rules : May to september - white rocks remember, October to April - brown rocks for thrills. Ok, I made that up and its shit, but its early and I couldn't think of anything better.

Yesterdays polish dilemma was solved by him not turning up. I do still feel I am being a bit of a twat by thinking I dont want to let him in, and it is a good thing that he is trying to arrange to come with a member, but there's something about it all that irks me. I was chatting about it to a friend yesterday who likened it thus : "If you went into your local and started leaning over the bar and filling your pintglass yourself you'd expect to be not welcome again!". I think this hits the nail on the head. Its not that I have something against Dave, its that I know he has been letting himself in, and thats pissed me off. Anyway, I wonder if rman reads this and has told him? If you are reading rman - I cant believe I have been burnt off by you. When I catch you I am going to break your legs.

Anyway, I am now going to make a statement of something obvious, but that I was struck to appreciate last night. Before going to the board I made a strong coffee. I made sure I ate a couple of hours before, I didnt eat too much and I had slept ok. My session started strong but started to tail off early. I had nothing with me, so I couldnt supplement to get it back. You need to graze during training rather than load up before if you are to avoid crashing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're still my hero