Wednesday 21 May 2008

Carnice

So, good news first - I can collect my car today. Cant wait! its been a right pain being without. Obviously, I still have to pay for it, but it is fixed and is working. I hope it feels and drives like it used to. Fingers crossed.
 
Water Cum Jolly cornice is pretty much dry. There are still quite a lot of wet holds here and there, and one of the rooves is still dripping a bit, but its more the odd drip than a constant stream. It was Dylan's first time. Sharples and Reeve already there getting involved with Monsterossity - which looks brilliant, but quite hard. I clip up Brachiation dance - which has lost a hold on the low slab, but I dont think it changes anything, you still teeter up the slab to the same position. Rumble through the next roof on clammy holds into the big loose block flake thing where I have a good shake and then exit on completely the wrong holds! I remember its not right and reverse back down, another big shake out and then up the right way into the top break. Remember what to do to cross the final roof and put into action my tried and tested sequence, but completely miss the jug and plummet bumfirst groundwards. Brilliant! should have warmed up really!
 
Dylan takes over and with my beta (!) romps to the top without too much fuss. Good effort. Someone else turns up who is on the free monster (in situ draws), we discuss going back to rubicon (I want to go on hot fun closing), but decide to stay and move stuff to disillusioned glue machine. Its filthy and has an extremely wet hold in the middle. Unfortunately, said hold is essential to success on the route, but we push on and work out a sequence on the top bit. I think I could do that without too much effort. Its one I will keep for when everything else is done.
 
Today I am at home (working). When it gets to lunchtime I plan to bike to Hillsborough to get the bike back, and then have to pop to the climbing works to do some computer shizzle. Hoping to climb tomorrow, but may well be at leeds in the day...

No comments: