Monday 19 May 2008

I got love for the 80's

Friday - went to see Caramel - a Lebanese film centering around a beauty salon in beirut. Quite charming, but without really developing into anything - but perhaps my diet of action films with sickeningly obvious plot lines has muted my ability to see the sub plot. Nice anyway, go and see it. Indiana Jones - the kingdom of the crystal skull opens in canne this weekend. I cant wait - although I do expect disappointment.

Saturday morning club was on time and at Rubicon. Much cooler than previous weeks, met Jo Brown and James. Felt pretty sparky but didnt do anything hard. Had a first look at the reverse of the kudos wall trav, dispatching within a few goes, but unable to do low left into it. This could be doable though. Couldnt do Kudos hard as left leg hamstring hurts. This is an injury I picked up on Dick Williams, but that has never mended completely. I think perhaps I should go and see someone about it. Any sort of pulling with that leg is a bit hurty. Home by 1215 and off to Cafe Ceres for brunch where we met Busby and Ayshea. They joined us for lunch and it was lovely. Left me wondering why I/we dont see them more. Very pleasant. Other jobs through the aft, then 80's party!

Fairly well restrained, home just after 2, straight to bed and feeling fine the next day. Sister got back from her honeymoon on Sun, so had to give her back her car and am now fully car less. Rubbish. Climbing tonight - poss with Dylan at the Foundry. No idea what Ed, Ed, James, Paul, Jonboy etc have planned for the rest of the week, but I think I am deffo climbing tonight - hopefully routes, hopefully foundry. Tomorrow is a possible this week - I will be on the train to Leeds (am at home today), but planning to be on the one that gets back to sheff at 1544 - there is a chance the monster might stay at her mum's so if I can cadge a lift I might be able to get out then... Wednesday will depend on Tuesday. It now appears I might have to go in the office again on weds which is bad, and if I have been on tues I wont bother on weds. Planning to climb on thurs, but probably just in the day or a short evening session or summat.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

here we go.
tomorrow morning rubbercon, or the tor.
weds... depends on tues night shift, if ok-earl
thurs night, if i'm not destroyed then foundry after work (about half 5-6, brief though)
what plans for the weekend? I want to go to the bowderstone, and parisella's though i think this unlikely.

Paul Bennett said...

horrendous report due on friday so not sleeping is my general plan. The weekend has also been sacrificed so nothing, after this though i'm going to take full advantage of my student status.

bonjoy said...

Am out Tues eve with Ned and Andy B. Need to seal the deal on an awesome 7c at Squirrel's Buttress. Not sure about Thurs eve. Going to Andy's wed over weekend so might be climbing Friday day on way to ferry. If I do climb it will probably be routes with Dribble at Stoney.

dobbin said...

I too am in Ireland this weekend for Andy's wedding. Ed Brown is on about weds, but will totally depend on what happens tomorrow.

JB - what time you heading out and is there any car space?

bonjoy said...

Only just spotted your comment.
Am heading out at 5 from mine, but have pretty full car, but Fi is heading to tor with Mike and might have room.
Am thinking of heading westward on Thurs eve now and having a welsh session before the ferry, maybe Pantymoon or the cave.