Thursday 1 May 2008

SuperTed (and spotty man?)

I dont know if its the stimulant decongestant tablets, but I feel vindictive. Or at least, my standard position of wanting everyone to do well and being generally psyched has morphed into feeling grumpy. Its probably frustration that I'm not going climbing tonight. Have arranged to go out with Cheekbones Mason on Saturday morning, and perhaps I am worrying that if I rest until then I will be rubbish and therefore disappointed. Ah well, better to rest now than to lengthening this chuffing disease because I didnt give it time to go away. Problem is that I havent been climbing much lately and so desperately want to. So thats making me grumpy. Apologies in advance.

Anyway, back to the point of this post. Last night I spoke to Rob Napier (keen for Zeke too) and he tells me that Ted Kingsnorth looks like he will do Mecca in the next few days. Bloody hell. He is turning into a full beast! his performance against time curve was flat until this year when it has suddenly taken off - this year he has done two 8a blocs and is about to do an 8b+. Amazing. Good effort Ted. Am more than the least bit jealous. (I havent actually plotted a graph of Ted's performance over time, so this might be wrong, but thats how it appears).

School t-shirts are out. Perhaps I should go and pick mine up tonight instead of trying to climb when I shouldnt.

Finally, on a humorous note; Tony Musselbrook has a blog : its very entertaining reading - more blogs should aim to make statements such as these, here are my five favorites (so far)

i think that session [was] like the second coming of jesus will be if jesus was surrounded by hot babes and ninjas busting facemeltingly awesome guitar solos 24/7

that man has the endurance of a seal. (is this good or bad I wonder?)

i hope one day to become a mountain hermit, soloing really hard things regularly just because i cant be bothered to walk round, chasing down sheep and killing and eating them with my bare hands, and that sort of thing..yes, that would be bitchin'

still couldnt do jerry's traverse. still couldnt do the ace. and thats all i really learned today.

you dressed like a loser, you climb like a loser.

No comments: