Monday 12 May 2008

Zeke feels like 8b!

Tropical again this weekend. Far too hot for pulling on small holds. Super tired on friday night, set my alarm but didn't click ok and failed to wake up in time for new early saturday morning club, hence arrived at same time as Dylan (in other words practically lunchtime!). Peak already rammo, loads of walkers and people at D's brew stop. Clipped up Rubicon, pulling off a chunk in the top bulge, but managing to scrabble over the lip to victory - brilliant. Not been up there in a couple of years, and great fun to do a route. Theres a lot of joy to be had from doing easier routes. Especially when its hot, its great to actually do some climbing. Some dude with an 8b body rocked up to try the Sissy, so we clipped up Zeke and I had what can really only be described as a fumble. Its desperate. The holds are all really nuancey, you cant just bone them, you have to work out how to hold them all, and theres loads of foot faggotry to be employed. In short, my first go was dreadful. Char and baby arrive, more randoms and the crag is starting to look busy. And to be honest, I dont know why. We all should have been somewhere else, it was chuffing boiling. The Kudos wall looked like someone had opened Cofe's LaserQuest from the crowd gathered at its base, and noone was getting up anything. Must have been 22 degrees by now, I wrote ages ago that I was at Kudos with Variable and Ned when this young punk turned up and started cheese whipping the sloper in between my attempts, he was back to try again now. I can only assume that he is on crack. Someone needs to beat some crag ettiquete into him. Got back on Zeke, did a bit better, but its not going to be something I will be able to do whilst it is so humid I suspect. Spoke to Harris about it, and he has offered me a video of him doing it, but lets not forget - he is also a mutant.
 
So ended Rubicon on Saturday. Traipsed back to sheffield and went to a fancy dress shop to get an 80s costume for the week after. Theres a really good fancy dress shop on chesterfield road should you be in need of one. I am going as Freddie Mercury, she as Madonna (from like a virgin phase). Got called out for the first time in the weekend. Went back to our potential wedding venue in the evening, which was well nice. The man there makes his own cider which is technically wine, so its rocket fuel. If we do decide to hold it there it will be so cool - theres a field for people to camp in and they provide a barrel of this cider too. Amazing. Anyway, we have yet to ask her dad. Dylan was having a barbecue, which I should have gone to, but monster was snotty and meeting people you dont know when you feel like that is hard and you have to make effort which is just about the last thing you want to do.
 
Sunday. Woke with a headache and the phone ringing - work again. Did some stuff, but managed to get out on the bike with the monster lapping the derwent and howden resovoirs. Lovely. 19.8km, completed at a very leisurely pace in the sunshine, mmm hmm - soul food. Home and more calls from work, this time meaning I missed Ned celebrating his 21st in the Anglers Rest. Happy birthday beast. May the age 21 bring big grades and perhaps not bumming (is it bumming you can legally do when you get to 21?).
 
Thats it, that was our weekend. tonight, the foundry, tomorrow nowt, wednesday I am hoping to get to Malham with Ed Brown, but he has yet to respond. Thursday depends on Wednesday. Might go to Leeds wall, or might not if have been out weds till late.
 

3 comments:

Paul Bennett said...

I think the legal age for bumming was dropped to 18 but i'd like to point out i'm no expert.

Unknown said...

That young punk you are referring to was doing kneeling press repeatedily with the most control I have ever seen. He was camped out on the crimp before the jug. Same deal with Kudos and Bigger Splash Direct. Very impressive, so much so that I tried to dispatch Kudos with same level of control. Was pleased to achieve this, but I now have a strange crackle in the bones of my left hand. Doesnt feel good... Grrreat.

Char said...

I know you were paying more attention to Arthur, but I did actually come up with I viable sequence on Zeke. Its definitely on. I'd like to see the Harris video though!

And, the age of consent is the same for heterosexual and homosexual intercourse.