Monday 23 July 2007

Magic jealousy

Last night as I was getting ready for bed I had this whole thought train about Narcissism, all these thoughts swimming around I thought of an excellent and well reasoned blog post, even wrote down the word Narcissistic as a prompt for when I got to work this morning, but now I'm here I can't actually remember what it was I was going to write. Which is frustrating. I was obviously thinking about someone, but I cant even remember whom it was. Don't know what it is about Narcissistic characters that irks me, and to some extent everyone has a bit of it in them, but I think that climbing (more specifically, its non regulated nature) encourages the trait as noone is going to be able to say 'no you didn't' as there's no requirement for validation.

Ah well. It was raining hard on Saturday morning, and had been all through Friday night. I couldnt bear the thought of driving to the Tor to find it sacked, so I stayed in sheffield and went to the board. Felt hot and I didnt feel on it, but had a reasonable session. Spent some more time on the 30 which was good. JLS has a good circuit which I shall steal. Up Sonic, down jugs, then back up on easy ish problem to the left. I did think I could link into Perfick Pulling problem for the return up leg.

Sun came out on Sunday, and whilst there is rain forecast for this week am quietly hopeful that I will get some dryness on Wednesday night. Texted JF this morning, who is in Magic with Ned, Jim and Lee. He writes : "Ned is an animal!He did octopussy in a few goes! Nearly did part 2in 15mins, but got dark.He's on fire.Lee did some problems!I've done not a lot,made some progress on supernova and should have done the prob next to piranja!Damnit! There's so much here to do. Skin and time are precious commoditys!"

Problem next to Piranja is Goldfisch I think. Might be 7c+ but I really cant remember. Octopussy would be well up Ned's street, and I am not in the least suprised he has done it so quickly. Think (from previous texts) that its quite hot, so perhaps Sofa Surfer is out (theres a conditions dependant slopey rail at the top). As for PT2, I hope he can finish it, but I dropped it right at the top about 1000 times so its not over until its over!

7 comments:

Paul Bennett said...

I reckon Ned's overwhelming whitness might help him in adverse conditions...
Board later? I reckon i'll be up there around 5 ish, need to now go on another quest for superchalk!

Unknown said...

Steep squeezy compression moves + ned + emulsion like whitness = impressive tick list.
Allez Youth!

Slap Holds! said...

goldfich is really only 7b

Look at me, what a bitch

Lee did some problems yeah

That's more than I did at the school tonight

dobbin said...

tee hee! never mind, you cant always live up to your potential!

pascal said...

You fell of part2 1000 times?!?!

Also, what does chicory taste like?

Char said...

I don't believe that Lee has done any problems.

Unknown said...

so a magic wood report...
headed to manc on weds eve with ned and we were put up in jim's fine hostel. arrive in swiss via jet2, have an epic getting a car. eventually arrive in magic, get a place on the campsite in andeer, (amazing showers). eat pizza, which we more or less subsist on for the rest of the week.next day go for a wander round the wood, very very hot. all shattered after the previous day, ned does foolo fighter, ned and i do red roses (ace, like a better green traverse)
climb until our skin hurts. eat pizza
anyway repaet ad infinitum, jim came out on monday, real hot have some insane thunder storms. still climb. ned tore it up did octopussy, part 2 and nothing changes(in a bout 2 goes) lee did some problems, unbelievable i know but tis true, i can't rememebr the names. i showed i can't climb outside, had a temper tantrum and punched a crash pad., did fool fighter, some 7bs, some 7as, don't remeber the names.
stump cream is a mazing
drank lots of beer
very genial
what a place.
thoughts
learn to heel hook, learn to jump, get some fingert strength.
i'll be back