Monday 23 July 2007

Protest and survive


I am delighted - we are in the Sheffield Star (what was I saying about Narcissism?), Polly has done a great job, and the best bit of it is that Seb, one of the key protesters and organiser of loads of the campaign has been cropped out of the shot! I think its hilarious. Here it is :
(seb would be on the lhs drainpipe. His arm is just in shot) Nic atop the apex, Tom Briggs in the window on ground floor, Nige on RHS drainpipe and me at halfway. Paul B in foreground with artists. Notice Moby (thanks Nige) has come out in support.

5 comments:

Slap Holds! said...

Ahem! Moby is my wad spot

dobbin said...

Ah shit. Sorry blobber.

Nigel said...

Quite right - Ben I haven't a clue what you're on about.

Might I add; what a joy it is that in this age plagued by health and safety, by endless risk assessments and method statements, and by British Standards for PPE and anchorage, that a man can in the name of an inclined sheet of 18mm ply shin 20ft up a 130 year old cast iron drainpipe whilst it also supports the weight of a comrade directly above his unprotected head.

And then be told he's abseiling.

dobbin said...

I think its more impressive that you managed to abseil sans rope Nige. Lets not forget your unfurling of the banner whilst descending. Impressive stuff.

You should maybe do more of this free soloing. Perhaps you would be good at it...

Nigel said...

Was at the board last night (Thursday). JLS was there for a while looking lean and mean as usual. After Joe left I got involved with the Cressbrook board - I've sanded quite a few of the wooden holds to make them more comfortable (on the Stuperman holds we were climbing on just the raised grain! Now smooth and flat). Hopefully this should encourage more people to bone down H.A.R.D.