Wednesday 30 January 2008

Bedridden in bellinzona

Woke up with almost clear nostrils, but then I sat up and felt my sinuses start to fill. Bugger! Still no better. Ed says these things take 48 hrs, so perhaps tomorrow? Bloody hope so. Discovered the forecast for bellinzona for the rest of the week is not good. Hope this is inaccurate, although the weather today does suggest a change in conditions may be in the post - Its gone from bright sunshine to overcast and cold.

We head down to bellinzona for ed to report his camera but they need an interpreter and there isn't one until 1400 (time was 11), so we arrange to pop back tomorrow morning. I drop them off at cresciano where they are to try 'Il partner'. I am gutted. It looks a great problem and I really want to do it, but its got to be the sensible option for me to stay warm and rest today. So frustrating. I'd prepared really well for this trip, I felt strong, my head was in a good space - this should have been the one when I tore it up and came home with some good ticks. Perhaps it still will be! Finger skin is obviously healing fast, so by the time I am able to climb again maybe this lurgy will prove a blessing...

And, as james says - at least I'm not at work!

2 comments:

Jasper said...

Fucking bad luck. Stay positive, as you say it could be a blessing in disguise.

Unknown said...

Indeed, the conditions will improve, you will have fresh skin and the other two will be beat and only have energy for spotting.

Bon chance meine frauline