Monday 14 January 2008

Dr and Mrs Pinch...

Well, the weekend was largely about Ed and Collette who got married on Saturday. Before we get there - theres a big sign on the front door of the school saying that the building is temporarily closed due to fire risk. It then says you can go in, but you do so at your own risk. I did and am still here.

Whilst I was grinding my little fingers off at the board, these two were tying the knot :
Bless. The honey monster and I had an evening do invite, and spent the rest of the day mooching before turning up at the workstation at 2000. What a great venue. Met Aaron and Jen and Andy and Shiv. Andy recommended the cheese (what else would you expect) and I wished I hadn't had tea first. Unusually for wedding reception grub this was all really nice, and with a definate Tapas flavour. Ace cheese. Got stuck in a bit too excitedly and probably ended the weekend heavy.

By no means was the cheese the best bit of the do. Oh no. I suppose if you have muso types in your family, they will always be up for some sort of shenighans and as a result the quality of the music was high. There was a full on band set up in one corner, with attendees invited to join in and jam at will. James and I were going to do Vanilla Ice, but he didnt think he would be able to get back up again with his dodgy ankle. Probably a good thing. Collette did a song for Ed, which was very touching, but then.... then the dark horse showed us all how it goes down with a rendition of Dean Martin's 'Aint that a kick in the head'!!! amazing. He can sing good too. Granted, its probably not the most vocally taxing song in the world, but Ed - singing. Fully 8b I reckon. Wad points awarded. I did actually get some of it on phone video but its rubbish, so I shall spare ed the embarrasment. Until he burns me off next time.

Finally, a word on the 50's gangsta pimp daddy shoes Dr Pinch was wearing on the night... Check these bad boys out :

3 comments:

pascal said...

Congrats to the both of them. I expect his singing was on par with this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-MWfLrg6TE

bonjoy said...

A big congrats from me too.

Surely all these weddings must be planting seeds in your mind Mr Dobbin?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words all. Just got back from the worlds shortest honeymoon to Prague. I have had a lifetimes fix of bridges, spires, churches and castles, but its a cool place. Hotel amazing, beer still cheaper than water, temperature: baltic.

Saturday was fully excellent. The whole day exceeded my expectations. Thanks for coming along (or hopping in Foley's case). Singing may have been 8b, but trying to speak to everyone on the night was easily V15.

Apparently someone ran off with a bottle of wine, no big deal, but my money is on Wheeldon being the no. 1 suspect....! I also managed to "pimp" my mondeo on the sunday after reversing into a steel bollard. (Its now adorned with parcel tape to hold the break lights together... A nice touch of class).

OK, I'm off to do some pinching.