Tuesday 15 January 2008

Flash Harry buries the hatchet

Last night was r4 of the Foundry bouldering league. Its always a treat to go to the Foundry. I used to work there when I first moved to sheffield, and still feel a certain affinity. Yes, the works has become a good ally since it opened, but the Foundry will always have a special place in my heart. Anyway, problems set by Dan and by Zippy, the wall had been stripped which was great, and they climbed well - only two tricky ones, but thanks to the mystical jazz pants I managed not to fall off. Very pleased - haven't ever clean sheeted before. Have come close but always made silly mistakes. No Ginger Ned or Flamboyant Tony to push me, just one bear of a Polish dude...
 
I am delighted to report that Polish Dave and I have cleared the air. Being completely honest, I didn't think there was anything to clear in the first place, but Dave wasn't happy that I wrote I didn't want to take him to the board. I explained that it wasn't that I didn't want to take him, or that I had anything against him personally, but that I had only limited guest spaces and a queue of closer friends. Also, I knew he had been letting himself in. We talked about this too - way back in 2000 Jerry told him this was ok. I explained it wasn't and we ended happy little bunnies, even arranging to crush the joker.
 
Hurrah for mid comp reconciliation talks!

1 comment:

lore said...

i have white pants as well, a friend's girlfriend gave them to me in 1992.
they climb well.