Thursday 17 January 2008

psychosomatic board sneak

I had a bout of psychosomatic lurgy yesterday. The honey monster is full of snot at the moment (poor lamb) and remarked that I looked like I was getting it (in my eyes), so I immeadiately convinced myself that it was on the way. Went to sleep that night and woke feeling a bit achey, with a minutely sore throat so became even more convinced that I was ill. Through the day I did feel better, although I had made some concerted effort to steel myself against my self inflicted ailments, and by today am delighted to report am pretty much fine again. Honestly, the power of the mind!

Anyway, she and I went for a walk last night. I love going for a walk together. Even if its just around the block, its a nice chance to talk with no distractions, and the fresh air helps me sleep better (I think). We talked about climbing. Its annoying her again. Its often a challenge having an obsessive pastime and a non participating significant other. We have refined how we communicate over the years and so for the most part we are able to talk about things before they develop into a bigger issue, but its often difficult. I think this discussion comes from it being January and other social distractions being thin on the ground, and my trying to prepare for the big swiss trip.

The school is temporarily closed. There's a sign on the door saying to not go in, and I received a mail from Nic explaining that the building is closed for the heating to be mended. Its expected that it will be closed for 3-4 weeks. Apparently, the gas fires that heat the building are a fire risk, and as the council has to provide heating so the building must be closed. That the climbers dont want or need the heating is unfortunately irrelevant - the council have rules to adhere to. Keith and I are going to flout said rules and train tonight anyway. He's just climbed 8b in swiss, and I am going imminently, so am massively psyched to hang out with him. Perhaps some of the magic will rub off!
Anyway, here is a pic of Char on Serre Moi Forte. He has very kindly given Dylan a CD with a sequence pics on. We're taking Dylans lappy with a view to it not being possible to fail with this much beta!

3 comments:

lore said...

i didn't do it, but i found the hard bit was taking the left hand crimp properly (you come from a few burly moves) and locking it down.
anyway...
Nib.

bonjoy said...

Probably see you at the School yoot. Looking forward to watching Keith rub his 'magic' off all over you

hOUDINI* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.